Rolled Italian-Style Veal Scallops
Stuffed and rolled thin slices of veal are wonderful for dinner parties. The veal can be stuffed with flavored breadcrumbs, spinach, and cheese, or mushrooms.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 slices veal, cut from the leg, about 4 oz. each
- Salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cooked spinach, moisture squeezed out
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Olive oil
- Pound the veal thin between two sheets of waxed paper. Sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Mix together the spinach, cheeses, and nutmeg. Divide between each piece of veal.
- Roll the veal and fasten it with toothpicks. Dust with flour and drizzle with olive oil.
- Heat grill to medium. Grill over indirect heat for 10 minutes, turning often. The stuffing should be hissing or bubbling.