Romantic Eggplant Parmigiana
Eggplant Parmigiana is comfort food at its best. A small casserole for two is the basis for a lovely romantic dinner.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄8 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1⁄4-inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir the basil and garlic salt into the tomato sauce.
- Layer the eggplant slices flat in the baking dish. Spoon the tomato sauce over the top. Sprinkle the pine nuts on top.
- Cover the eggplant with foil and bake for 20 minutes or until the slices are tender when speared with a fork. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and the Parmesan cheeses on top. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Top with basil leaves before serving.