This sauce from Spain is delicious served on grilled or toasted bread, spread on chicken or fish, or offered with grilled vegetables.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 small chili pepper, stemmed
- ¼ cup chopped roasted almonds
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 slice stale white bread
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine all the ingredients, except the oil, in a food processor. Process the ingredients until they are puréed into a paste.
- With the processor running, slowly add the oil until it is well incorporated.
- Serve at room temperature.