You can’t put high-FODMAP mushrooms on top of these burgers, but a drizzle of black truffle oil before and after grilling provides a similar—more dramatic—earthy flavor.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 12 hours 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into ½" rounds
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into ½" rounds
- 1 tsp. grapeseed oil
- 2 tsp. salt, divided
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 slices gluten-free bread, toasted
- 1 cup canned lentils, drained and rinsed well
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. black truffle oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss parsnips and carrots with grapeseed oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Spread on baking sheet and bake 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, pulse toast to a crumb consistency. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add roasted vegetables to food processor and pulse until there are no major lumps. Add remaining salt and pepper, toasted bread crumbs, lentils, egg, and cheese. Pulse to combine.
- Transfer to a workspace and form 6 equal patty rounds.
- Refrigerate patties 12–24 hours before grilling. Brush surface of burgers lightly with truffle oil. Grill patties 3–4 minutes on each side. Brush lightly with additional truffle oil before serving.