Ropa Vieja Chicken
This Caribbean-inspired dish is made with shredded chicken, an irresistible tomato-based sauce and lots of Latin flavor.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. Goya® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, for seasoning chicken, plus more for sautéing
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded & sliced
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) peeled tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 avocados
- teaspoon salt, to taste
- Coat chicken with olive oil and season with adobo. Place in pressure cooker for 30 minutes with water covering half of the chicken.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté peppers, onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes, until softened. Add white wine, tomatoes, cumin, bay leaf and salt, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until thickened.
- Once chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F, drain liquid from pressure cooker, then shred chicken with two forks. Cut avocados in half and remove the seed and peel. Pour sauce over chicken and mix well, then stuff the avocados. Salt to taste and serve.