Rosemary, Apple, and Brie Popovers
These savory popovers are an excellent side dish to any holiday meal. The sweet apples and brie in this recipe give your average dinner roll a creative twist.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 medium sweet apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 cup cubed brie
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter a 6-cup popover pan, or, a 12-cup mini popover pan. Place the pan in the oven for 3 minutes to melt the butter. Remove when melted.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and cream. Add in flour and salt, stir to combine. Fold in rosemary and apples. Pour batter evenly into the popover pans.
- Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350°F. Bake for 18 minutes then remove from oven and quickly stuff equal amounts of brie into each popover. Return to oven for 5 minutes, or until popovers are puffed and golden brown. Remove from oven and serve warm.