Rosemary Caramel Latte
Skip the coffee shop and make your own uniquely flavored lattes at home! This recipe for homemade rosemary simple syrup keeps for weeks in the refrigerator, so you can prep it on the weekend and wake up to a weekday morning treat.
Serves: 2Prep: 40 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger Brand Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 cup milk or milk alternative
- 2 cups hot strong brewed coffee
- In bottom of wide saucepan or skillet over medium heat, place sugar. Watch pan carefully as sugar melts and turns golden in color. Once it reaches a light golden-brown, remove from heat. Carefully add water; stir to combine.
- Place rosemary sprig in sugar syrup; let steep 30 minutes. Remove rosemary. Transfer syrup to clean container. Store refrigerated until ready to use.
- Heat milk until hot (about 140°F).
- In pitcher or blender, combine 4 tablespoons rosemary caramel syrup, hot milk and hot coffee. Blend on high speed 30 to 60 seconds until frothy. Alternatively, use handheld milk frother to froth ½ cup hot milk and 2 tablespoons syrup in mug before adding 1 cup coffee.
- Pour into serving glasses.