Rosemary Cheddar Biscuits
These light and airy biscuits are filled with the savory flavors of sharp Cheddar cheese and bright rosemary.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and sugar. Cut the butter into the mixture until it resembles bread crumbs. Add the milk, cheese, and rosemary. Stir until combined.
- Pat the dough out into a rectangle, and fold it into thirds. Roll the dough out until it’s approximately 3⁄4" thick. Cut into rounds using a biscuit cutter or a glass.
- Bake the biscuits for 15 to 20 minutes or until brown. Serve warm.