Rosemary Grapefruit Shrub
If you enjoy the health benefits that come from adding apple cider vinegar to your morning routine, flavor-infused shrubs are a delicious option. With hints of fresh fruit and herbs, shrubs are popular as both sipping vinegars and cocktail ingredients. Enjoy a splash in sparkling water, or add a few dashes to your vodka tonic.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large pink grapefruits
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large sprig rosemary
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the outer, colorful peel from the grapefruit. In a sturdy ziptop bag, massage the grapefruit peels and sugar together for 5 minutes. Seal the bag and allow to sit for 1 hour.
- Juice the grapefruits and pour juice in a half-pint mason jar.
- Add the peel and sugar mixture, the rosemary, and the vinegar to the mason jar. Seal tightly and shake.
- Store in the refrigerator, allowing at least 3 days for flavors to meld before serving. Enjoy within 6 weeks.