Rosemary Lamb Chops
This recipe can easily be doubled to serve four people. Lamb cooked medium rare will be pink on the inside and have a slightly firm texture.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 lamb loin chops (3 oz. each)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Pat lamb chops dry with paper towels. Rub salt and pepper over the lamb chops to season. Rub the rosemary into the lamb chops.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the lamb chops. Cook for 5 minutes, then turn over (turn the heat down if the lamb chops are cooking too quickly). Push to the sides of the skillet.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the middle of the skillet and add the shallots. Sauté the shallots while the lamb chops finish cooking (total cooking time for the lamb chops should be about 10 minutes). Drain any excess fat out of the pan while cooking.
- Splash the lamb chops with the red wine vinegar during the last few minutes of cooking.