Rosemary Olive Oil Muffins
This savory muffin recipe comes together in a snap, and is perfect substitute for dinner rolls or biscuits with things like roast beef or chicken, soups, and stews. Remember, a few little lumps in the batter mean tender, perfect muffins!
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine then add the rosemary and whisk to evenly distribute.
- In a medium bowl combine the buttermilk, eggs, and olive oil and whisk to break up the eggs. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine, about 12 strokes. Do not overmix.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups, top with the shredded Parmesan cheese, and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the muffins spring back when gently pressed in the center. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before serving.