Rosemary and Sage Chicken
Roasting a whole chicken is an easy way to make a great dinner for the family. When roasting chicken in the oven, always bake it breast side up. Bake the chicken at 375°F for 20 minutes per pound of chicken.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh sage
- 4 tsp. sea salt
- 3 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 whole chicken (3 lbs.)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, sage, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place the chicken in a large baking pan. Remove the giblets and discard, or reserve for another use.
- Rub the chicken with olive oil. (This will help keep the chicken nice and crisp and also serve as glue for the spices.) Evenly sprinkle the spice mix on the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until internal temperature has reached 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. Let rest for 10 minutes before carving.