Rosemary Sea Salt Bread
Make this delicious bread in a slow cooker. It's great for bruschetta, sandwiches, or just dipped into olive oil.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 3 hours 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 1⁄4 tsp. dry active yeast
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 3 1⁄2 cups, plus 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. white pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 3 1⁄2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- Mix together the sugar and yeast in a small bowl. Add the water and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes or until foamy.
- In a large bowl, mix 3 cups flour, kosher salt, pepper, and half of the rosemary together. Add the yeast mixture and 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil; stir well.
- Sprinkle a 1⁄2 cup flour on a flat work surface and knead the dough for 5 to 10 minutes or until smooth.
- Grease a large bowl with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Place the dough in the bowl, and roll it around so that itʼs completely covered in oil. Place a clean dish towel over the bowl, and let rise in a warm area for 1 hour.
- Punch the dough down and let rise again for another 20 minutes.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper large enough to cover the inside of a 6-quart or larger oval slow cooker. Grease the parchment with 1 teaspoon olive oil and place in slow cooker. Place dough on top of parchment paper. Sprinkle with sea salt and remaining 1 tablespoon flour.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Preheat broiler. Place bread on a baking sheet. Broil until browned, about 3 to 5 minutes. Place bread on wire rack and let cool completely before serving.