Rosemary Wheat Crisps
Homemade crackers are delectable with dried herbs and sea salt. They make a wonderful pairing with all your favorite cheeses and fruits.
Makes: 48 crackersHands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 48 crackers
- 1½ cups whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. ground rosemary
- 1 tsp. sea salt, divided
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix flour, water, oil, honey, rosemary, and ½ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl with electric beaters until just blended.
- Knead the dough slightly to form a ball. Roll out as thin as possible (about ⅛") with a rolling pin. Shape dough into a 10" × 14" rectangle.
- Sprinkle dough with additional ½ teaspoon salt. Using the rolling pin, roll gently over dough to press in the salt. Prick dough all over with a fork.
- Cut dough into 1½" squares. Place on 2 large baking sheets. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and separate crackers. Return any crackers not browned to the oven for an additional 2 minutes. Crackers require darkening to be crispy. Store crackers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.