Rosh Hashanah Mock Chopped Liver
Serve this Rosh Hashanah dish with matzo crackers and fresh vegetables.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium shallots, peeled and minced
- 1 lb. button mushrooms, minced
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted margarine
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Melt the margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and sauté until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until the moisture is evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Purée the mushroom mixture in a blender or food processor. Season with the salt and pepper.