Rosie’s Pizza Dough
You can top this dough with anything you’d like. Go gourmet and use nonfat cream cheese with roasted asparagus, or make a typical pepperoni pizza.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 2 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 4 tsp. active dry yeast
- 2 cups bread flour, divided
- 1 cup semolina flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup cornmeal, divided
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- In a medium bowl, combine water and honey and stir to combine. Add yeast and stir again; let stand until bubbly, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine 1⁄2 cup bread flour, semolina flour, salt, and 1⁄2 cup cornmeal. Add yeast mixture and olive oil; beat well. Gradually add enough remaining bread flour to form a firm dough.
- Knead on floured surface for 6 to 7 minutes until smooth. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Punch down dough and divide in half. Divide each half into eighths. Coat work surface with remaining cornmeal. Roll out dough in the cornmeal to a 1⁄4 inch thickness. Place dough circles on ungreased baking sheets. Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake crusts for 5 to 8 minutes until set but not brown. Cool on wire racks.