Rotini, Sausage and Tomatoes with Balsamic
This pasta dish makes for a quick and fresh-tasting summer supper.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (13 oz.) Hillshire Farm Chicken Roasted Garlic Smoked Sausage, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package (12 oz.) Barilla Pronto Rotini
- 2 cups baby spinach, lightly packed
- 1⁄4 cup basil, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Additional Parmesan cheese, if desired
- Heat oven to 425°F. On a rimmed baking sheet toss sausage and tomatoes with olive oil and garlic. Bake 10-15 minutes until tomatoes start to burst.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions. Add sausage, tomatoes and any pan juices to the pasta; stir to combine. Add spinach, cheese, basil and balsamic vinegar; toss to combine. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.