Rotini with Broccoli-Basil Pesto
Make a classic basil pesto and add cooked broccoli florets to make this easy and satisfying dish. Spread the pesto onto sliced of baguette for a great bruschetta or slather it over pizza dough as an alternative to tomato sauce.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets, cooked
- 3 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. cooked rotini pasta
- In the bowl of a food processor with the motor running, chop garlic. Turn motor off and add the cooked broccoli, pine nuts, 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, basil, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pulse until evenly chunky.
- Pour pesto over hot or cold pasta and toss well. Sprinkle with the remaining 1⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese, shaved.