Here is a delicious alternative to buying rotisserie chicken in your grocery store. This flavorful roast chicken is incredibly easy to make in your slow cooker. For a fast weeknight meal, cook the chicken overnight in the slow cooker and serve for dinner the next day.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 whole chicken (4 lbs.)
- 2 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. minced fresh thyme
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- ½ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Rinse the chicken in cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl mix together the paprika, onion powder, thyme, basil, white pepper, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and garlic powder. Rub spice mixture over entire chicken. Rub part of the spice mixture underneath the skin, making sure to leave the skin intact.
- Place the spice-rubbed chicken in a greased 6-quart slow cooker. Drizzle olive oil evenly over the chicken. Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken carefully from the slow cooker and place on a large plate or serving platter.