Rotisserie-Style Slow Cooker Chicken
Here is a delicious recipe for making rotisserie chicken at home in a slow cooker.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 5 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 whole chicken (4 lb.)
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- ½ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Rinse chicken in cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, paprika, onion powder, thyme, basil, white pepper, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Rub spice mixture over entire chicken. Rub part of the spice mixture underneath the skin, making sure to leave the skin intact.
- Place the spice-rubbed chicken in a greased 6-quart slow cooker. Drizzle olive oil evenly over the chicken. Cook on high for 3–3½ hours or on low for 4–5 hours.
- Remove chicken carefully from the slow cooker and place on a large plate or serving platter.