Rotisserie-Style Whole Chicken
Youʼll be surprised how close this comes to a real rotisserie chicken—the key is the rub smeared on the bird.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 roaster chicken (2 lb.), giblets removed
- 2 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix together all the remaining ingredients. Rub the mixture over the entire chicken.
- Place the chicken on a lightly greased rack set inside a roasting pan. Roast for about 50 minutes or until the deepest part of the thigh reaches 165°F.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.