Ruby Red Borscht
Borscht is usually served cold; however, some people prefer it hot. Try it both ways and see which gets your vote!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 large beets, peeled and grated
- 2 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large soup pot, combine beets, onion, and broth. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes. Add lemon juice, sugar, and pepper. Simmer an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and chill thoroughly.