If you cannot find Cretan barley rusks, use the largest barley rusks you can find.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Cretan barley rusks
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 12 Kalamata olives
- ¼ lb. Greek feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. wine vinegar
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and pressed
- Soak barley rusks slightly with water; set aside for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle rusks with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Let sit for another 5 minutes until oil is absorbed; drizzle another tablespoon over the rusks.
- Combine tomatoes with olives, basil, garlic, vinegar, and wine. Top rusks with an equal portion of the mixture. Top with feta, oregano, and remaining olive oil. Serve immediately.