Russian Chai Tea Cakes
Russian tea cakes are delicate and crumbly cookies given an exotic flavor by your favorite Chai. If you are making these ahead to freeze, freeze them without the confectioners’ sugar coating.
Makes: 36Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tsp. loose Chai tea blend
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar in a shallow dish and set aside
- Put walnuts, 2 tablespoons flour, and Chai in a blender or food processor; pulse until walnuts are chopped finely but are not yet a paste.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and vanilla until well blended. Add remaining confectioners’ sugar and flour and mix until combined. Fold in walnut mixture.
- Roll dough by teaspoonfuls into balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12 minutes. Cool.
- Roll balls gently in confectioners’ sugar to coat.