Rustic Lamb Pie with Snøfrisk Cheese
Use your favorite double pie crust for this elegantly simple ground lamb pie. Cream cheese is a good substitute for the Snøfrisk cheese. Serve with a fresh salad.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 pie crusts
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 cup mushrooms, trimmed and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp. pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 package (4.4 oz.) Snøfrisk cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line the bottom of a 9" pie pan with the first crust.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the lamb, mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, and garlic, stirring often to break up meat, for 10 minutes, or until the meat is fully cooked. Drain fat. Add the pepper, thyme, potato soup, and cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted. Off the heat, fold in sour cream and transfer to the pie plate with the pie crust.
- Top with the second pie crust and seal the edges. Brush well with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven, allow to sit for 10 minutes. Slice into 6 wedges and serve.