Rustic Pear Tart
Save to My Recipes
This free form pastry is easy to make when you start with a pre-made pie crust. Fill with sweet pears flavored with cinnamon and almond.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutes
- ½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 medium Bartlett pears, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. spelt flour
- ¼ cup powdered honey
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1 pre-made pie dough
- In a medium bowl, drizzle lemon juice over pear slices. Add flour, powdered honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and almond extract to the pears and mix. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a floured surface, roll out pie crust dough to ¼" thick circle. Place the dough circle on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spoon the pear mixture into the middle of the dough, leaving a 1½" border. Fan out pears to create a decorative star-like shape. Pour any remaining juices over the pears.
- Gently fold the sides of the dough over the pear mixture, creating a 1" border of dough. Crimp edges to keep the tart in a circular shape. Bake the tart for 30 minutes or until the tart is lightly browned and bubbling. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes before cutting.