Rustic Roasted Root Vegetables
Rustic root vegetables get crispy outside and creamy inside when theyʼre tossed in light oil and baked at a high temp. With seasonings that flavor every bite, this one-pan meal is filling but healthfully light.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large Idaho potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large red onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large turnip, trimmed and chopped
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. chopped thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and prepare a 13" × 9" baking dish with olive oil spray.
- Scatter the vegetables and garlic in an even layer in the prepared dish.
- Drizzle the vegetables with the olive oil, sprinkle with the Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and thyme, and bake for 20–25 minutes, or until golden. Toss and continue to bake for another 10 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through.