Sacred Rotisserie Chicken
You don’t need a rotisserie to make flavorful rotisserie chicken at home. This chicken marinates overnight in a savory blend of spices, then cooks in your oven for a flawless and juicy meal.
Serves: 6Prep: 8 hoursCook: 2 hoursTotal: 10 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- 5 tablespoons Mazola® Oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Knorr® Granulated Chicken Bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 cup Sweet & Tangy BBQ Sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 1⁄2 pounds whole chicken, cut in half
- 2 packages Knorr® Spanish Rice
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In blender, blend together soy sauce, garlic cloves, ginger, BBQ sauce, cayenne pepper, chicken bouillon, oregano, coriander, paprika, lime juice and 2 tablespoons oil for 10 seconds.
- In a resealable bag, combine chicken and marinade. Seal and shake to coat chicken. Refrigerate 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Discard marinade, pat chicken dry.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 3 tablespoons oil. Arrange chicken skin-side down; sear until a golden-brown crust develops on skin.
- Place skillet in oven for 45 minutes, until a thermometer stuck into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165°F. Remove; let rest 3 minutes.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Serve chicken with rice and avocado slices.