Saigon Cinnamon Bread
Tempt the taste buds with a warm slice of cinnamon bread, just like grandma used to make!
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. Simple Truth Organic™ Sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons Simple Truth Organic™ Ground Saigon Cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Coconut Oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the following for 2 minutes: flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, 1½ teaspoon cinnamon, salt, buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla. Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan. Smooth top.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and melted butter, mixing until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over smoothed batter. Using knife, cut in a light swirling motion to give a marbled effect.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove bread from pan and cool on a rack.