Salade de Tomates et de Fromage de Chèvre (Tomato and Goat Cheese Salad)
Save to My Recipes
This is the French version of the Caprese salad. Mozzarella usually isn’t used in French cuisine, but a fresh goat cheese is perfect!
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 6 organic tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ lb. fresh goat cheese, cut in slices
- At least one hour before serving time, wash the tomatoes, cut them into thin slices, and put them in a large bowl. Sprinkle them with kosher salt and stir well. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour. This way the juice of the tomatoes is released, and will mix with the oil to make a great dressing.
- Five minutes before serving, wash the parsley and the basil leaves, and chop them in small slices. Add to the tomatoes and toss well. Add olive oil, cider vinegar, and the pepper. Toss again.
- Cut the fresh goat cheese in thin slices (the same thickness as the tomatoes) and add them to the serving bowl at the last minute (fresh goat cheese tends to melt in the sauce). Toss right before serving.