Salade du Nord
The endives, blue cheese, apples, and walnuts in this salad pay homage to the cuisine of northern France.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 4 cups curly endive lettuce (frisée)
- 2 medium apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- ½ lb. blue cheese, cut in ½" cubes
- ½ cup walnuts halves
- In a bowl, pour half the lemon juice on the endives. Reserve.
- In another bowl, sprinkle the other half of the lemon juice on the apples, and reserve.
- In a large bowl, stir the red wine vinegar with the Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Then add the canola oil little by little, whisking constantly, until the dressing is thick and smooth.
- Add the endives, stir well, then add the apples and stir again. Then add the cheese and the walnuts, and stir again.
- Keep at room temperature until serving.