Salisbury Steak with Mushroom-Butter Sauce
Treat yourself to this hearty entrée featuring juicy beef smothered in a rich and creamy mushroom sauce. This version uses pre-made patties for a quicker process.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Simple Truth™ Natural Beef Burger Patties
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Salted Butter
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Sliced White Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup merlot or semi-dry red wine
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add meat patties and brown on both sides. Reduce heat, add water, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until meat is cooked medium-well. Remove patties to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Drain meat drippings from skillet; return to medium-high heat and add butter. When butter begins to brown, add mushrooms and rosemary, stirring constantly. Add wine and deglaze pan.
- Continue cooking over medium-high heat until wine is reduced by 50 percent. Reduce heat; stir in cream and heat through. Pour sauce over meat patties and serve immediately.