Salisbury Steaks with Bacon
These hamburger steaks are delicious with mashed potatoes and a vegetable or side salad. Use store-bought or leftover beef gravy.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 2 lbs. ground beef round
- 2 Tbsp. minced yellow onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef gravy
- Heat broiler. Lightly oil the rack of the broiler pan.
- In a large bowl, combine bacon with ground sirloin, onion, salt, and pepper. Shape mixture into 6 oval patties about 3⁄4 inch thick.
- Place patties on prepared pan. Broil about 4 inches from the heat source for about 18 minutes. Turn and broil the other side for 12 minutes or until steaks are no longer pink inside.
- Meanwhile, heat gravy to serving temperature in a small saucepan on medium. Serve steaks with hot beef gravy.