Salmon and Grapefruit Salad
Pairing salmon with grapefruit is a surprisingly refreshing combination.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 skinless salmon fillets (each about 6 oz., 1" thick)
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced, divided
- 1 grapefruit, peel and pith removed, segmented
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Baby Spring Mix
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place in a 9"x9" baking dish. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with half of scallions. Bake until salmon is partially opaque in center, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a dish and let cool.
- Break salmon into large pieces. In serving dishes, evenly divide greens, grapefruit, avocado, salmon pieces and remaining scallions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together vinegar, remaining oil and lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing over each salad.