Salmon Caper Potato Hors d'Oeuvres
I like to serve these at brunch, and also before a festive dinner party. The potatoes can be prepared ahead of time so assembly is quick.
- 20 each red skin potatoes, about 1 lb., small size
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Slice potatoes in half, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until tender, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Arrange pieces of smoked salmon on potatoes, top each with a dollop of crème fraîche, red onion and capers.