Customize this dish with your favorite vegetables.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (7½ oz.) salmon
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. dill seed
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 can (8¾ oz.) cream-style corn
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. snipped chives
- Drain and flake salmon; discard liquid.
- In a large nonstick saucepan, add olive oil over medium heat; sauté onion, celery, and garlic, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes, stock, water, pepper, and dill seed; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Add jalapeño; simmer, covered, for another 5 minutes.
- Add salmon, half-and-half, corn, and chives. Cook over low heat just until heated through.