Salmon Croquettes with Corn
Salmon croquettes, also known as salmon patties, make a delicious weeknight meal. Serve them with rice, fries, or your favorite vegetables.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 22 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (14.75 oz.) salmon
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped green onion
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Drain salmon; flake, removing any large pieces of bone or skin.
- In a medium bowl combine flaked salmon with corn, beaten eggs, ketchup, onion, celery, salt, pepper, and bread crumbs. Shape salmon mixture into 12 patties.
- Heat vegetable oil in a heavy skillet on medium heat. Fry salmon croquettes for about 2 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through.