Salmon Croquettes with Mango Salsa
If you cannot find almond or pecan meal, you can make your own by grinding a cup of raw almonds or pecans in a food processor until a flour consistency is achieved. For a hotter, spicier version of the salsa, add a fresh, minced jalapeño pepper.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large mango
- 1⁄2 red pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, minced
- 1 piece (3 inches) ginger
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 can (14 oz.) salmon
- 1⁄4 cup minced chives
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup almond or pecan flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- To make the salsa, peel and chop mango into small pieces; place in a medium-size bowl. Add red pepper and onion. Peel and grate ginger, extracting juice by pressing the fiber against the side of a shallow dish; pour juice into bowl with mango mixture. Juice lemon and add to mango mixture; mix well. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine salmon, chives, beaten egg, nut flour, and sea salt. Mix well; form into 2-inch croquettes.
- Place on a well-oiled baking sheet; bake 15 minutes.
- Serve salmon croquettes with salsa.