Salmon on a Bed of Watercress
This is an elegant ladies luncheon dish or a hearty dinner offering. Reduce the salmon to 6-ounce portions if serving for luncheon entrée.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 center-cut salmon fillets (8 oz.), skin on, 1" thick
- 5 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh watercress leaves, stemmed (rinsed and patted dry with paper towels)
- Brush both sides of the salmon with 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush 2 tablespoons oil on a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add the salmon, skin-side up. Grill until golden brown on each side, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the salmon to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Combine the lemon juice and the remaining tablespoon oil in a medium nonreactive bowl and whisk to combine. Add the watercress leaves and lightly toss to coat evenly. To serve, use tongs to transfer equal portions of the watercress leaves to 4 serving plates. Top each with a salmon fillet and drizzle with any dressing left over in the bowl from the watercress. Serve hot.