Salmon is delicious and so good for you too.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 small onion, peeled and minced
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 lb. salmon fillet, cubed
- 1 package (16 oz.) penne pasta
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add salmon to skillet; cover and cook for 5 to 6 minutes until salmon flakes. Remove pan from heat and sprinkle with salt.
- Add penne to boiling water and cook according to package directions. Just before pasta is ready, return skillet to medium heat. Add lemon juice and parsley.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1⁄3 cup cooking water. Add pasta to skillet along with enough cooking water to make a sauce; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper; toss and serve immediately.