Salmon Puffs with Shredded Dubliner Cheese
Ireland meets the Pacific Northwest in this appetizer. It's fun to make, too.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 cup kerrygold dubliner cheese, shredded
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup crème fraîche
- 1 package thinly sliced smoked salmon, 4 oz
- fresh dill sprigs, (tiny)
- Heat oven to 400° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll puff pastry into a 14 x 14-inch square on a lightly floured board. Sprinkle evenly with Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese and pepper; cover with wax paper. Press firmly into dough with a rolling pin. Cut dough into 6 equal strips vertically and 5 equal strips horizontally to make 30 pieces. Place on baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden. Cool completely. (May be prepared a day ahead and stored airtight.) Spread equal dabs of crème fraîche on each puff. Top each with a small piece of folded salmon and dill sprigs.