Salmon Salad with Grapes and Walnuts
Tangy dressing tops this elegant salmon salad.
- 4 each salmon fillets, about 6 ounces each
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chives, snapped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon, mustard
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 package mixed greens, 16 ounces
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- Preheat broiler or grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush salmon with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon on a lightly oiled broiling pan or grill. Cook salmon 4 inches from heat for about 8 minutes, turning once during cooking. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Meanwhile, whisk together oil, lemon juice, chives, honey, mustard, salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, toss together salad greens, grapes and half of toasted walnuts. Place a piece of salmon on top each salad. Drizzle with dressing, and sprinkle with reserved walnuts.