This dish may have more than 9 grams of fat per serving, but remember, it’s the good omega-3 fats from salmon.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 can (7 oz.) salmon, drained and flaked
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried dill weed
- 8 egg whites
- 1⁄4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In small pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add salmon, lemon juice, and dill weed; do not stir. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine egg whites with cream of tartar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add mayonnaise and pepper to salmon mixture and mix gently. Fold egg whites into salmon mixture.
- Spray the bottom of a 2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Pour salmon mixture into dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then lower heat to 350°F and bake for 20 minutes longer or until soufflé is puffed and deep golden brown. Serve immediately.