Roast portobello mushroom caps with cheese and then top with cooked salmon and lemon zest for a healthful and satisfying meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2½ Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 portobello mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- ¼ tsp. pepper, divided
- 1 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- ⅓ cup butter
- ½ lb. salmon fillet
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 4 dill sprigs
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a baking sheet with ½ tablespoon of olive oil. Place mushroom caps stem-side down on baking sheet. Drizzle both sides with and additional tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with ½ salt, ⅛ pepper. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from the oven. Using tongs, turn the caps over. Top each with ¼ cup cheese and bake for 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, season salmon with ½ salt and ⅛ pepper. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 1 tablespoon of olive oil; add garlic and cook and stir for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the salmon and cook 3 minutes, flip, and cook an additional 3 minutes, or until the salmon flakes. Off heat, discard skin and break salmon into 1" chunks.
- Divide flaked salmon among the 4 mushroom caps. Top each with a sprinkling of lemon zest and a dill sprig.