Salmon Veggie Quiche
This elegant quiche can be made with red sockeye salmon as well as tuna or even canned cubed ham.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup chopped green onion
- 1 can (14 oz.) pink salmon, drained
- 1½ cups grated Gouda cheese, divided
- 1 unbaked pie crust (9")
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup light cream
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. dried dill weed
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In medium pan, melt butter over medium heat; add onion, garlic, and green onion. Cook and stir 5 minutes until tender.
- Drain salmon and remove skin and bones. Flake salmon and add to onion mixture. Place ½ cup Gouda cheese in bottom of pie crust and top with salmon mixture; top with rest of Gouda.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, light cream, mustard, and dill weed; pour slowly into pie crust. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until filling is puffed, set, and golden brown.