Salmon with Ginger Kombucha and Lemon Ginger Gremolata
Fresh salmon is marinated in ginger kombucha and topped with a refreshing gremolata.
Serves: 4Prep: 30 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 pound fresh salmon
- 1 cup ginger kombucha
- 1/2 teaspoon plus ⅛ tsp. sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, divided
- 4 tablespoons Smple Truth Organic™ Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, freshly zested
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Place salmon in a 9” pie plate. Pour kombucha over salmon, then season with ½ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, place 2 tablespoons olive oil; add salmon. Cook salmon 5 minutes; turn over and continue cooking on second side until fish just flakes with a fork, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, to make the gremolata stir together parsley, ginger root, lemon zest, shallot, 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, ⅛ teaspoon sea salt and ⅛ teaspoon black pepper in a small bowl. Mix well. Spoon gremolata on top of each serving of fish. Refrigerate leftovers.