Salmon with Thai Dipping Sauce
Looking for a protein-packed dinner that’s ready in an hour? This salmon marinates and cooks in less time than it’ll take you to gather the family and set the table.
Serves: 4Prep: 30 minutesCook: 18 minutesTotal: 48 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 pounds salmon fillet
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. fresh Simple Truth Organic™ Cilantro, chopped
- 5 tablespoons Asian fish sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Coconut Oil
- 3 teaspoons Simple Truth Organic™ Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 serrano chili pepper, minced
- To make marinade: combine 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 2 teaspoons garlic, 1/4 cup cilantro, soy sauce, coconut oil and 1 teaspoon brown sugar in large zipper-lock bag. Add salmon and cover with marinade. Let stand for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make dipping sauce, combine 3 tablespoons fish sauce, lime juice, chili pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic and 1 tablespoon cilantro in small bowl. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove fish from marinade; discard marinade. On rimmed baking sheet, arrange fish, skin side down. Bake until fish is cooked through and flakes easily, about 12 to 18 minutes.
- Arrange salmon on serving platter, drizzle with some dipping sauce and serve with remaining sauce on the side.