This is a delectable omelet, especially when served with some crunchy taco chips and a pile of black bean salad on the side. Be sure to make your own condiments if you are on a sugar-free diet.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup tomato salsa, warmed
- ½ cup grated sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup low-fat milk
- Set the warmed salsa and grated cheese next to the stove. Heat the oil or margarine over medium heat and sauté the onion.
- Whisk the egg and milk together and pour over the onion. When the omelet just begins to set, spread half with the salsa and cheese. Flip the other side up and over to cover.
- Cook until the omelet reaches the desired level of firmness.