Salsa Chicken Sweet Potato Bowls
Combing rice, roasted sweet potato, salsa chicken and avocado, these satisfying bowls bring a fiesta of flavor to the dinner table.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar (16 oz.) Traditional Mild Salsa
- 1 package (8.8 oz.) 90 Second Whole Grain Brown Rice, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- On baking sheet, spread sweet potato; toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, tossing halfway, until tender. Set aside.
- In an instant pot, combine chicken breasts and salsa. Seal lid. Cook on high pressure 10 minutes. Allow to naturally release 5 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Allow chicken to sit 5 minutes, then use two forks to shred chicken.
- In four serving bowls, place equal amounts of rice; top with equal amounts shredded chicken, sweet potato and avocado.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.