Salsa Verde Queso
This ooey-gooey queso fundido dip is an easy and impressive appetizer for any occasion. It’s simple, authentic and will have the whole crowd reaching for the tortilla chips.
Serves: 6Prep: 5 minutesCook: 8 minutesTotal: 13 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 large serrano peppers, steamed, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups Herdez® Salsa Verde
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups Chihuahua® Quesadilla Cheese or mild cheddar
- 1/4 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Warm tortilla chips, for dipping
- In a large skillet on high, heat olive oil. Cook tomatoes, serrano peppers, salsa, onions and salt until softened, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in heavy cream; continue to cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low. Add cheeses, stirring constantly until fully melted, about 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle cilantro over skillet. Serve with warm tortilla chips.